Friday, June 15, 2012

Demo day three! And I need advice...

So I ran over to the house this afternoon and this had happened!!



And yes that is my girl collecting nails or some other dangerous construction leftovers.  I am standing in the kitchen looking into the family room.  The wall separating the two is gone!  The space already feels so open.

Here is the view from the other side.  See the door?  We can't decide if we should just get rid of it or not.  That entire wall is going to be glorious kitchen so we could put the refrigerator there and gain a lot more counter space...I just can't decide.



Here is a pic of one of the workers covering the window for me so I can try to get a visual.  Hahaha!  What a good sport.  But really, what do you think?  More kitchen or random door leading to the side of the house that lets in tons of light?  I need help.  Seriously.  If you are reading this right now tell me what you would do.  Not kidding.



We do have all this light flowing into the area and another large window over the future sink directly to the left, so its not like we have a lack of windows...


And of course while I stared at the door the girls got some time in the best back yard in Vestavia.  Makes my mom heart feel sooo good.



3 comments:

  1. How would they get rid of the door and what would that spot look like from the outside? Would they rip out the stairs and the rails on the outside and just brick that over? Kind of hard to visualize door vs no door without knowing the rest of the layout of the new kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say cover the door unless you need it for flow. More kitchen wall space is better I think. Also, I loooooove the tile in the bathrooms! Is it in as good of shape as it looks in the pictures?!?!? You could update fixtures and it would be the coolest retro bathroom(s). I love tile from the 50s and 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a long comment abt your cute bathrooms that would never go through! I was gngto say lve the door until I saw all the other windows. Just get I'd of it. You will always appreciate more kitchen space for sure!

    ReplyDelete